Brochure Type: Europe 2022
Rome, Florence and Venice are the stars of the show on the most incredible of Italy trips. This unforgettable trio features visits to food markets, ancient Roman ruins and the artistry of great masters. But that's not all, as you'll also get to dine with an Italian family in their beautiful Tuscan villa.
- VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- Explore Rome, Assisi, Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Venice with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, the Villa Barberini Gardens in Castel Gandolfo, the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the Colosseum and Forum in Rome, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- 9 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (732) 938-5000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546947
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome: You're in for a bellissimo journey through the spectacular cities of Italy, which kicks off in the 'Eternal City' of Rome. Join your travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Welcome Reception. Your introduction to la dolce vita begins with a short walk this evening to see the timeless Roman Colosseum and the ancient centre of Rome - the Forum.|
|Day 2||Rome||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: We embark on a very special included Dive Into Culture sightseeing tour with our Local Specialist at the Vatican this morning. Skip the queue and wander through its Museums and the Sistine Chapel, admiring the artistry of great masters and walking in the footsteps of popes who have found peace within its beautiful green landscapes for centuries. Visit St Peter's Basilica before continuing to the Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, where you'll enjoy a tour of its gardens and lunch in its beautiful surrounds before returning to Rome.|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome Your Way: Enjoy a full free day to explore Rome your way or consider an Optional Experience delving into the tragic history of Pompeii when you explore a Roman city frozen in time by the devastating eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Your Local Specialist will bring ancient Roman history to life before you return to Rome, passing the Abbey of Montecassino, the site of an epic battle in 1944.|
|Day 4||Florence||Admire Assisi and on to Florence: Journey north to the birthplace of St. Francis of Assisi where your Local Specialist will take you to the Basilica of St. Francis, the final resting place of this famous saint where we will see Giotto's enchanting frescoes. Later we continue our journey through the scenic Tuscan countryside to Florence.|
|Day 5||Florence||Discover Renaissance Florence: Enjoy a leisurely encounter with the artistic and architectural marvels of Florence during your walking tour with a Local Specialist. Visit the striking Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and palazzi. Amble through the charming cobblestone lanes to the multi-coloured marble Duomo and Baptistery, before admiring the scenic view of the Ponte Vecchio straddling the Arno River. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Spend the rest of the afternoon sauntering through the historic centre of Florence, shopping for high-quality leather for which the city is famous, or admiring the artistic contribution of the Medici at every turn.|
|Day 6||Uncover Pisa's Treasures||Uncover Pisa's Treasures: After free time in Florence, cross the fertile Arno Valley to Pisa and join a Local Specialist to visit the Square of Miracles, home to the incredible Leaning Tower and beautifully sculpted marble Cathedral. See the ornate Baptistery and the Camposanto, built on sacred soil brought back from the Holy Land during the Crusades. Your unforgettable encounter with Tuscany continues this evening as you Connect With Locals over dinner at a Be My Guest experience, joining the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves where they produce olive oil and wine.|
|Day 7||Venice||Journey to Bologna and Venice: Travel north, through the Apennines, to the medieval city of Bologna, perhaps best known for the delicious pasta sauce that bears its name. Your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes views of the Kissing Towers which lean towards each other, seemingly poised to embrace. Then it's off to the romantic island city of Venice with its rich cultural and artistic heritage. Spend time at leisure gliding along its enchanting canals in a gondola or wander through the city's labyrinthine lanes, over bridges and into quiet campi.|
|Day 8||Venice||Cruise Venice's Canals: Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the delicate Venetian art of glassblowing. Savour the iconic and unexpected highlights of Venice as you cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square to admire the Bridge of Sighs, Palladian churches, Customs House, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure.|
|Day 9||Venice||Experience Venice's Food Market: Sites made famous in poetry, song and prose are explored today when we join a Local Specialist for a Small Group Sightseeing walking tour from our hotel along the canals to the famous Rialto Bridge, where all the flavours of Italy come to life at a centuries-old food market. Amble through the narrow calli of Venice and admire the beautiful architecture, walking over the Rialto Bridge before spending the rest of the day to visit the sights of your choice. Our love affair with Italy's great Italian cities comes to an end this evening as we enjoy a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 10||Venice||Farewell Venice: For now it's time to say a fond arrivederci to Italy and newfound friends who have shared in the memorable sights, sounds and flavours. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class